This is one of the most delicious pork dishes I have ever created. I started with a recipe I found online and tweaked it to my liking. I hope you enjoy it. Here are the ingredients you will need (plus oil and salt and pepper that were apparently shy when this was taken).
Put that oven on 425 and toss the brie cheese into the freezer. This makes it easier to handle when stuffing the pork. Next you’ll need to do some chopping of the onion, apple (I peel the apple as well) and the herbs. If you don’t have fresh herbs, dried will work. Herbs de Province would taste delicious with this stuffed pork.
Sauté the onion in butter to get them nice and soft and add the apples.
Cut a slice in your pork, being careful not to cut through the pork. We don’t want that delicious cheese melting all over the cooking pan. When stuffing I start w the cheese on the bottom and then put the apples and onions on top. Then you’ll want to tie it off to hold it together. This is the hardest step in my opinion. This is mine as I am am just getting started tying it off.
When tied off place the pork on a cookie sheet (I use a rack) and surround with potatoes and veggies if you so desire. Make sure the veggies are coated in oil and salt and pepper. This is my pork roast ready for the oven.
Roast at 425 until meat is 150 degrees. Some recipes say 25-30 minutes but this roast was in for 35 and could of gone longer actually. I think because I had the vegetables around it. But plan for at least 30 minutes, maybe longer.
Here is mine out of the oven. Let it rest 5 minutes before slicing. This was absolutely delicious!
Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Onion, Apple and Brie Cheese
- Pork Tenderloin
- 5 oz Brie cheese, chill in freezer for 30 minutes, then slice
- 1 Apple, sliced
- 1 small Onion, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon each fresh thyme, sage, rosemary, parsley chopped (or you may use dried herbs)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Sautee Onion in oil. Cover and let onion get translucent and soft. Add apple to soften slightly.
- Chop up thyme, parsley, sage, rosemary
- Use a knife to slice down the middle of the pork, being careful not to cut all the way through the pork.
- Stuff the sliced brie cheese, apple and onion into the opening.
- Close the pork around the filling and tie securely with kitchen twine.
- Sprinkle herb and salt and pepper over pork loin
- Bake in oven for 25-45 minutes or until thermometer reads 150º F. (depending if you cook it with veggies and size)
- Let rest 5 minutes then slice and serve!