Being a parent does not come with instructions. If you’ve ever wondered if what you’re doing is right, or what you should be focusing on, here are 27 life lessons that will serve a young man well throughout his life.
- Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
- Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
- Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
- When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
- Manners make the man.
- Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
- Give credit. Take the blame.
- Eat lunch with the new kid.
9. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
10. Play with passion or don’t play at all.
11. Write down your dreams.
12. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
13. Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him/her.
14. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
15. Take time to snuggle your pets, they love you so much and are always happy to see you.
16. In all things lead by example not explanation.
17. Be confident and humble at the same time.
18. Never turn down a breath mint.
19. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
20. A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
21. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
22. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
23. You marry the girl, you marry her family.
24. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
25. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
26. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
27. If ever in doubt, remember whose son you are and REFUSE to just be ordinary!